14 de fevereiro de 2014

225

I woke up next to her.

In the past two days I had the longest trip of my life. I wondered if the pilots slowed down just to spite me, if the wait in between flights were pregnant of more and more hours, being born repeatedly right in front of me. I could not bear to wait anymore.

I was coming home.

I arrived right into her arms. Soft, warm, tight. We kissed and cried a little, out of emotion, out of everything we were holding back all this time. We had just completed our contracts as long-distance relationshippers, we graduated from being in different spaces, we traveled in time and now we were under the same stars. We were gods.

That night, I made her promise we would sleep in the same bed. We had to. Just being there, sleeping in each other arms. No words. Only peace. And realization. And love.

I did not dream that night. It felt just as if all this time I was already dreaming, roaming endlessly through days and months waiting to be united with her once and for all.

And then, finally, I woke up. Right next to her. And I felt like our lives were always like that. Like we had never said goodbyes. I kissed her lightly on the forehead and she opened her eyes. She smiled. There was something magic, something wild, and my heart pumped harder.

"Is this real life?", I asked.

Her smile widened.

"It is, my boy."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário